I was tagged by my lovely friend Manda – and while I normally don’t post things like this, it’ll be fun to see who actually does it. Pretty much, you say 10 things about yourself that aren’t readily obvious from reading your blog, then tag 10 other bloggers you want to know more about. Ready, and go.
1. I’m not a picky eater in the slightest, but I can’t stand eating things in their “original” form. Birds don’t really bother me (like a whole chicken or turkey – although I’m not a big fan of wings or gnawing meat off bones in general, but I will do it if I have to) but I don’t like lobster, whole fish on plates, and especially not pig roasts. It seems so barbaric to me and I want nothing to do with it.
2. I’m obsessed with Lord of the Rings. I’m pretty sure I’ve never blogged about it, but I love Tolkien and discovered the movies when I was about 18, and fell in love. My male cat is named Frodo. He has a similar temperament to hobbit Frodo – and he loves adventures, and we live in New Hampshire, after all. I’m looking forward to fall/winter and stormy, moody weather for LOTR marathons and (if I’m lucky) lots of cuddling.
3. I can’t throw (or catch) a frisbee. At least not very well. Manda and Kat know about the guy who dumped me for this very reason. I shall never forget it.
4. If you’ve been to my apartment (especially my bathroom) it becomes quickly evident that I’m a makeup and beauty product hoarder. Along that vein, I absolutely love Ingrid’s beauty channel and vlog channel. I know it may be a little juvenile, especially because I’m 27 and I clearly know how to make cute outfits and do my own makeup, but watching Ingrid always makes me happy and I think she’s a wonderful role model for young girls nowadays. Same goes for Kandee Johnson. She’s like a bubbly ray of sunshine in my day and her good vibes always come out on camera. And you know what, I like Zoella a lot too. Maybe it’s her accent. I personally don’t have the time/energy/money to expend on making and editing videos (it’s a LOT of work, I tried once) and I don’t envy the negative comments that get flown their way, but I do really admire what they do. Ingrid is my have though, she’s a little doll!
5. I love Hello Kitty. Not in an obsessive way, but if you pay attention, you’ll see her hiding out in certain places in my apartment.
6. I was a Girl Scout for many years. I don’t remember that much about it, except I sold cookies and the meetings were where I learned that Cheetos and Twinkies existed, because my mom was so strictly against junk food.
7. I’ve hiked 14 of the 4,000 foot peaks in the New Hampshire White Mountains. It’s been awhile but I hiked all the time growing up. (Again, mom influence!)
8. I’ve never been to the West Coast. I want to so badly! It seems so unreasonable that I’m as old as I am and I’ve never been to California. But, the opportunity to travel there (or really anywhere) hasn’t come up yet. I’m starting to think I need to create my own opportunities for such adventures…
9. Of all the old school Hollywood starlets, I think my favorite is Grace Kelly. I love Audrey and Marilyn too, don’t get me wrong – a lot – but Grace was impeccably elegant and impossibly gorgeous.
10. I secretly collect flamingo things – preferably vintage. With my love of pink and girly things that’s existed since forever, it’s no big surprise that they’re my favorite bird.
And I’m tagging some pals: Looking at the Bucket a Quarter Full (Lia), voornamste, Phoebe’s Fab Fix, Canned Beer Classy, Advanced Apathy and maybe more soon, because it’s harder than you’d think! And if I didn’t tag you, by all means do it up!