1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Took a vacation with a plane ticket I bought with my own money. Got tattoos. Met the love of my life.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t set resolutions so much as I set intentions – I had intended to do the first two things in #1, and the third wasn’t so much an intention as it was a dream. This year I am intending to to go school (steps in place), get more tattoos, move in with my boyfriend and spend less money on nail polish.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None other than the one I live.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A little more financial freedom. I grew a lot in 2012, it definitely became a happier year around July.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 29. Kissing in the parking garage.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the decision to attend college.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending way too much money on dumb shit.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My New Hampshire tattoo.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
That’s an interestingly phrased question… I guess I’m super stoked about meeting my best friend Jen this year. I finally have a best friend who treats me well. It’s refreshing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ex friends. Three men in particular. All of whom I am happy are no longer in my life.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Nail polish. Tattoos. Rent. Cat litter.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
GEORGIA/FLORIDA! Palm trees! Getting tattooed! New best friends! Meeting K and falling head over heels in love!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter. thinner
iii. richer or poorer? A LOT poorer. Oops 🙂
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise, saving money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around. Being lazy. Buying nail polish.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my mom in the morning and with my love in the afternoon/evening.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Madly, deeply, insanely. Yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Parks & Recreation! Not sure how I lived without it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not hate. Dislike, perhaps.
24. What was the best book you read?
Sex and Bacon by Sarah Katherine Lewis
The Red Book by Sera Beak
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobosky
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lana Del Rey ❤
26. What did you want and get?
The boy I dreamed about for 27 years. NBD.
27. What did you want and not get?
A new , nicer, bigger apartment.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m not sure I had one. Looper if I had to pick. I didn’t see a lot of new films.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27. Drank mai tais with my new best friend and a random group of people at a mustache themed party.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I’d been able to move.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Weird question. I guess biker grandma. I like tough looking things and flowery things, floaty tops that look like tablecloths or doilies, babydoll dresses, denim shorts and bikini tops.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Eh, no one. Unless the Kardashians count. Ha.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
That Barack Obama was re-elected. WTF America.
35. Who did you miss?
My boyfriend, every second he’s not by my side. ❤
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Tough. #35 .
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Best friends aren’t always forever and people are selfish, and they will always disappoint you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one, compares with you. And these memories lose their meaning, when I think of love as something new. Though I know I’ll never lose affection for people and things, that went before – I know I’ll often stop and think about them – in my life, I love you more.”
-The Beatles (of course!) ❤