Emily Weiss once appeared on The Hills (season 3) as the “New York super-intern” who upstaged Whitney and Lauren. Today, she’s a fashion editor at Vogue as well as the editor and founder of IntoTheGloss.com, a unique, magazine-esque beauty blog that dishes out upscale makeup and skincare what-have-you with WASP-like elegance. I was amazed by Emily on The Hills – the way she carried herself was so poised and graceful. Then I discovered ITG and I was hooked after reading a bit of what she wrote, as well as in interviews I gleaned from other websites. She’s striking, classic and has a fresh modern style. She’s also the pretty one. The smart one. And the really fucking stylish one. Bitch. I’m tempted to hate her…but her style speaks for itself.
Images above and below via Tales of Endearment.
“When it comes to her fashion sense, Emily describes her style as ‘a hodgepodge of romantic vintage dresses and more tailored new things.” She loves a sharp jacket, can’t live without her four rings, wishes she had been young in the 1940’s – “that silhouette works really well for me.'” (interview quote via Tales of Endearment)
Image via Vogue.com – Five Days, Five Looks, One Girl – I love the matte berry lip with the subdued gray wrap and minimal makeup.
Above: Those bleached jeans – eep! – to die! Weiss is sartorial heaven here. Hers is the style that seems almost too Parisian to be real, perfectly authentic, not too loud but unquestionably chic.
Image via Vogue.com
Image via New York Magazine & Tales of Endearment.
Emily’s a huge deal in the fashion and beauty industry but she doesn’t really have a “buzz” like certain other females who shared screenspace on The Hills. I like that she’s refined and that you basically have to be a fashion/beauty insider to know who she is. Here’s a little more about Emily, for those who don’t.
- Emily attended NYU. She interned at Teen Vogue on the east coast, and at W and Chanel.
- She has a strong aversion to exercise (but you’d never know it).
- If you look at photos of Emily, she’s not always plastered in makeup. Minimalist works.
- Emily is always shopping for vintage dresses – particularly from the 1940s. Mix them up with an unexpected proportion, like her big platform wedges from Celine – it totally updates the look.
- She loves thrifting vintage items from Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel.
- Emily isn’t really into crazy colors and patterns; she instead sticks to classics like black, navy, taupe and white…although she does throw in a pop of print or a splash of red now and then.
- Style secret? Emily buys all of her clothing a size larger, because nothing is more unflattering than too-tight garments. You’re better off with some drape to spare.
- Her secret to glowing skin? Lots of moisturizer, even when you have oily skin (I do this! I’m not as glowy, but I’m not on Vogue’s payroll, either). And use gentle products.
- Emily also mists with Caudalie Beauty Mist, which smoothes skin, tightens pores and provides an instant burst of radiance while stimulating microcirculation (yes please)!
Now I’d never dog on my girls Lauren, Whitney or Audrina, but Emily Weiss’ style is kind of like tasting fois gras after you’ve been eating Cheetos. Just doesn’t compare. ♥